Sunday, September 4, 2011

Overwhelming joy :)

This weekend has been a whirlwind of sleeping until noon (if you call waking up every hour not being able to breathe sleeping), blowing my nose, finding new medicines to try, and laying around and making food, waiting for the time to take another antibiotic to increase my chances of getting better sooner. (With an occasional practice session, which hurts, but makes me happier.)

UNTIL!  I decided that I needed to get out and walk to the CSO's hotel to leave Mr. Dale Clevenger a message with my cell number and an invitation for dinner.  I took my time with this walk to the U-bahn and the hotel.  This hour long trip gave me in return, the overwhelming joy of seeing familiar faces in an unfamiliar setting.  It's a feeling one rarely experiences.  The utter joy of seeing someone's face (in this case Dan Gingrich's face lol) and realizing how amazing it is to be in a different country with the same amazing people from home.  I had this enormous smile on my face as I looked around the hotel, and I recognized a bass player as he walked by and said hi to me.  I didn't even know him, but I wanted to cry with excitement and joy just because I saw him and knew him.  I had to tear myself away from the hotel after leaving a message for Dale.  Walking down the street I was listening extremely carefully for any english that might be coming from other CSO players. haha.  Just a little taste of what I'll be feeling at tomorrow night's concert.  :)  can't wait!  Lesson with Dale tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Some things I recently learned about food:
Pesto is amazing!  I just discovered how easy it is to have a yummy pasta.  Put pesto on it. :D
There is no maple syrup on this continent.  *dies a little*  Peanut butter, I can live without for a while, BUT maple syrup. I'm not so confident...

No comments:

Post a Comment