Thursday, September 1, 2011

there be sickies among us.

Ich bin krank!  nein!!!!!!!!!!  But, yea.  I'm sick.  However, in being sick, I've discovered that getting antibiotics for sinus infections is MUCH easier in Vienna than in the states.  I literally walked into the doctor's "office" (more like apartment), said, "I think I have a sinus infection" "Why, have you had them before?" "Yes. lots. I have *symptoms*" "Ok, yea, here's a prescription."  And that was that.  Now I have medicine, so even though I'm not feeling any better, I feel better in my mind because I swallowed a pill.  

So, this is my official challenge of Ross Wertjes (if he reads this, otherwise i'll make it official tmrw) to become a better cook than I by the end of our 4 months here.  It's a challenge for both of us.  I have more of the basics already down, however Ross is a very quick learner.  I also have the benefit of being female.  It's just a benefit all around.  lol.  And for those of you who don't know Ross, here is my competitor:
Epic.

I will be fair and say that I think he's winning right now.  He made a lovely egg thing and I attempted mac n cheese and got this:
I think the main problem was the gouda and swiss combo... or.. maybe not.. I have no idea actually.  But the challenge continues... soon.

I'm posting this rather late in the evening because I was not aware of the caffeine content of green tea, which I recently drank 2 cups of to sooth my throat.  That said, I should attempt sleeping as I have another early day tomorrow with our 3rd german test and end of week 2 of the intensive course!  Woot!

Bis später!

No comments:

Post a Comment