Monday, August 8, 2011

Pre-Wien Thoughts

There are 9 days before I fly to Vienna to begin my studies overseas.

I still have a lot of preparation left, packing my portion of the apartment so it's ready to be moved, making a packing list, and buying a few more necessities (ie. new camera!).

But the most important preparation for me is mental.  I've been working up the 1st and 2nd movement of Strauß's first horn concerto and the 1st movement of Mozart's 4th horn concerto for the audition in Vienna. Mr. S has been a huge help with everything and as always very encouraging.  Feelin' good!

Thinking about living in Vienna is such a crazy thing for me right now.  I'm extremely excited, but I'm also just thinking about how much I'm going to miss everyone here!  I've made some really close friends this summer and it's going to be tough!  I also really wish I could have met all the new horn players coming to IU, but that'll have to be put on hold for 4 months!  I'm really curious if living in europe is going to be at all like my preconceived notions about it.  Practice, travel, practice, school, practice, going out, practice, lessons with Pros!!!! going to european orchestra/operas!!!!!!! I just hope I have time for everything!

Anyway, I'm really excited, can't wait to get there, meet people, go places, continue progress on horn (even without orchestra *sad face*), and have tons of fun.  This is a goodbye to everyone here for the next four months and hello to Vienna and crazy awesome experiences to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment